Mindset Monday with Ana Melikian
Ana shares her fascinating story of moving from Portugal to Phoenix Arizona in the United States. She had been traveling the world speaking in her academic life as a Psychotherapist and left is behind to be with her husband.
She had recently finished her PhD and to practice in the United States, she would have had to jump back into more time in school so she decided to start her own coaching business. Ana tells us that jumping back into school felt as if she had completed running a marathon and was about to run the second one right away.
She felt that life coaching pulled her skills and academic life together and she went on and became certified through the best coaching programs. She had found that her coaching business was much different than her practice in Psychotherapy. Using a Growth Mindset, she began to look to find a way to make success in coaching.
Ana began to train with Michael Port, the NY Times Best Selling author and creator of Book Yourself Solid®. She became certified, then became an elite coach.
As Ana shares about mindset, she mentions Carol Dweck and her book. Mindset.
Ana’s steps to changing your thoughts:
- Become aware of our fixed mindset, we all have blind spots and a self-awareness muscle. We can become aware of our talk telling us that we can not do something.
- Recognize we have a choice, decide if we will do something about it.
- Talkback with our growth mindset. Reframe negative thoughts into we can do it attitude. Add yet, to your thoughts, I am not good at this yet!
- Effort, it is not desire alone that does something, we must put in a lot of effort and it is totally possible.
- FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/AnaMelikian
- LINKEDIN https://www.linkedin.com/in/AnaMelikian
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/AnaMelikian
- INSTAGRAM: https://instagram.com/AnaMelikian/
- YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/AnaMelikian
“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
watch your words, they become actions;
watch your actions, they become habits;
watch your habits, they become character;
watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”