Welcome to the Daily Coaching Share, where I share scripture and coaching exercises to help you on your journey.
Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.
For the first 30 or so years of my life, I didn’t follow this and ended up in many terrible situations. From a decade of personal growth and some hard lessons, I am sharing what I have learned about your 5 closest friends.
You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. -Jim Roan
New research is showing that this goes even farther than realized. According to https://mission.org, You’re not the average of the 5 people you surround yourself with, it is way bigger than that. You’re the average of all the people you surround yourself with.
What are some good characters of friends? These are the ones I look for: What would you add, feel free to comment below.
- Shared values
- Add value to others
- Moving towards goals in their daily habits
- They are where you want to be/go or are on their way
- They inspire, encourage and motivate you
- You have shared interests
- They are on the growth path
- They solve problems vs. complain and are presently focused vs. past focused, most of the time.
Today’s shoutout goes to Maureen Murphy. She is on a journey to overcome cancer and has been vulnerable and brave sharing her journey. She is courageous and strong and I am praying for her to have success in overcoming the battle.