Today we are talking about the power of the Mastermind! Yesterday’s video didn’t have any audio, (perhaps I didn’t switch the mic on. oops…) and it was about networking. There are similarities to joining a networking group and a mastermind so let’s dive in.
A mastermind group is a peer-to-peer mentoring concept used to help members solve their problems with input and advice from the other group members. The concept was coined in 1925 by author Napoleon Hill
Masterminds have been around for a long time. In the book Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill shares his own experience with Masterminds. He sais, “The moment you outline your definite major purpose, it will immediately be clear the sort of person, or people, who would be most appropriate in aiding in the attainment of that goal.
In my words, step #1 is to choose the right people.
- more successful than you is even better
#2 Set it up
- set up a meeting time
- find a place
- decide on a format -when and where will you meet, how long will you meet, will you take turns being on the hot seat or will everyone have a turn, how will you open?
- Sign a privacy agreement, set the expectation it is a safe place.
- Decide on the number of people you will allow and who will decide who joins.
3. Set an agenda and assign duties
- Someone needs to take notes and send them to everyone as well as schedule the next meeting. -consider taking turns being the one to do it.
4. The tiny details
- Will you have coffee and or snacks?
- Will you charge and if yes, who will manage the money?
I am a member of Grace Mastermind. We meet every two weeks and take turns on the hot seat.
- We open by sharing our wins or successes.
- We go around and review our goals and update our progress
- One person is on the hot seat and shares a question they need help with.
- Everyone gets a chance to contribute and we brainstorm together
- We set goals, everyone sets 2 business and 1 personal.
- If there is time left, it is open brainstorming. What are you working on that you could use others input? Last week it was coming up with a tag line for Synergy Mindset Coaching.
How will you use this in your life? If you are already, please share what is working best for you?
- Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash