Healing after War in Iraq with Chaplain Moreno
Questions from the war in Iraq
Mike shares his journey of healing after going to Iraq as a Chaplain. He tells us that honor is very important to Marines, you always do the right thing. These are a few questions that he asked:
- When someone does something that is against their own moral framework what do they do?
- Does it affect their marriage and relationship with their kids?
- What happens if they view themselves as horrible people and end up caring a tremendous amount of guilt around with them?
Mike tells us that it is critical to get rid of the guilt. We learn ways to cleanse, remove and lessen guilt on today’s show. Here are a couple of questions he will address.
- What happens when we want to help someone through these tough situations and it is hard for us to listen to the events that have taken place?
- How can we listen and how do the experts cope with these traumatic events?
It starts with finding someone to listen to you after you have listened. In this interview, we hear about how a community can help people through really difficult memories. You can listen to the audio on the Podcast: Here
Today’s show talks about spirituality, the war in Iraq, and shares some topics that may be difficult for some listeners.
Chaplin Moreno shares his experience with us and guides us through some of these tough questions:
- I’ve taken a life, how does that chance who and what I am?
- The sticky wicket, Do you believe that God will protect you?
- What makes someone feel safe?
- Can spirituality strengthen personal resilience?
- How does one know who and what god is?
- What is my purpose here?
- I did not die, what is the meaning I am going to attach to that.
- Someone has had a near-death experience, how can you help?
- How can we be good at listening to someone that has experienced a loss?
- How can you share your faith, your view in a constructive way?
- How can you listen to someone whose stories and memories make me feel sad and sick?
- What is a moral injury?
Mike walks us through many of these questions and his experience serving in Iraq. You can tune in to the Podcast interview: Here