Many of us grow up feeling invisible or not good enough. Some of us are aware of it and others have yet to discover it. If we are faced with trauma or have parents that faced difficulties in coping in life, we may incorporate that in a negative way within ourselves.
If someone is feeling anxious, angry, sad or depressed can you intuitively feel and sense it? Today we talk about what it is like to be a highly sensitive person.
You may have a gift of high sensitivity. About 1/5 people are blessed with this gift. If they are not aware of this gift it can be used against them. Michael teaches them how to use this gift in a positive way.
Michael specializes in helping people heal anger, anxiety and depression from the ground up. He helps them get to the root of the problem and works with people that are highly sensitive.
What you will learn about from this interview
- How to stop feeling responsible for others
- Ways to identify when you are feeling someone else’s emotions vs. your own
- How to honour what you need
- How to speak up
- Quit worrying about making others angry
- How to know your true self
- Speaking your needs respectfully
- How to create an identity
- Michael shares his personal story of how his parent’s problems affected him in his adult life. His Mother experienced panic attacks and his father carried tension, (anger and emotional suppression).
What happens when we take on the belief that we are not enough from others? We learn about how the hurt and trauma of our ancestors affect our daily lives. It is often at a subconscious level and Michael shares about how to discover how it affects you and what to do about it.
P.E.W.F is a healing model you can use anytime in your life. You can pick up his book to learn more: Here
P- Problem that brings up the emotion
E – Identify the Emotion
W – Worst case scenario
F – Feeling about self
Two of the most common negative feelings about self are:
Michael has worked hard to consciously connect and understand what his parents were feeling. He was able to find his true identity and now helps others to free themselves from the ties of the past.
Listen to the podcast interview for the whole story:
If the player doesn’t work, you can click here: Podcast